No D-port for me, but

Moderator: Moderators

brad

No D-port for me, but

Post by brad » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Wauseon is a Go.

Due to the Blackhawk club doing what the Iowa Dept of Revenue wants, I won't be at D-port anymore.
There is no way I am going to register for and collect and pay the state of Iowa 6 or 7% sales tax for the swap junque I bring. So, they won't allow me to be a vendor at their event. I could attend as an exibitor, but that is crapola in my opinion. . . . fuckem.
I am planning on Wauseon for probably later Thursday, Friday and some Saturday in booth 822.
So say all of us, eh.
brad

doubled

Re: No D-port for me, but

Post by doubled » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:10 pm

I heard about that last year. If that goes through, there won't be any vendors there! Let's hope someone gets this shit straightened out.

DD
DD

terryzone
Site Admin

Post by terryzone » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:40 pm

WE filled out the form and sent it in .Did it on line, just a show that we applied for it. In order to vend. Sucks. but we have $ invested yearly on our spots. May be our last years setting up as vendors. We are traveling a lot lighter this year. Don't think going to have the help we usually have arranged. I can see that swap meet losing vendors in the future. Its been the biggest swap meet for lots of years but the bullshit between the chapter and the AMCA Club has put it separate from each other. I cant imagine that tax shit being required but if I want to sell it wasn't much trouble...just the idea of it sucks. So are they going to make every swap meet in Iowa do that shit? Cant see that happening, there would be NO swap meets of any kind there. WTF..Anyway, I will be selling parts here and on FB as it ( FB)has been " so - so "as far as selling when I feel like doing it. When I get better situated I'll need to sell more. Just tired of dragging lots of weight around. Hope to see some of you guys up there as I doubt we'll really need to keep going in order to sell after this year. I think Ive been going and setting up for 30 yrs.at Dport. May go just to look for some parts in the future but that'd sure be strange!
We're surrounded by idiots.

brad

Post by brad » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:50 am

Yea well . . . . . . .
Couldn't stand to be left out. I would miss y'all too much.

So I have signed up to be an "exhibitor" at the Dport meet this year. Will be in the same place but hope to do some walkabout this year and have even more fun. I'm going to take only a few things - mostly big stuff probably - and I will have some signs explaining that if anyone sees anything they would like to buy, they should contact me so we can go somewhere else than at the "flea market" to complete the transaction because it is illegal for me to sell my personal property in Iowa unless I register with the Iowa Dept of Revenue and collect sales tax for the State of Iowa.

Those signs will be promonently displayed next to the "NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION" signs - since that is what is happening with me living in Wisconsin and having to collect and pay taxes in Iowa. I don't live in Iowa so I can't vote there.

So, see y'all dere den.

brad

doubled

Post by doubled » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:42 am

YAY BRAB! I'll see you there! I can't wait!

DD
DD