Good place for case repair?

Moderator: Moderators

hogluvr

Good place for case repair?

Post by hogluvr » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:20 pm

I need to have a right side case repaired for a '67 Shovel, anyone have somebody they can recommend? Unfortunately Head Hog is no longer an option.

Webmaster
Site Admin

Re: Good place for case repair?

Post by Webmaster » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Creekside Welding, but their website is down..... Well, it just says "It works" when you go there.
http://creeksidemc.com

doubled

Post by doubled » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:22 am

Unfortunately, Creekside is no more. Tom Shaw passed away in October of 2015. He was the best in the world and one of my best friends in the world. I miss him every day.

DD
DD

terryzone
Site Admin

Post by terryzone » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:01 pm

try a search on " Milwaukee.... I know that's vague but I know theres a father , son shop I think starting with that title and they specialize in HD cast welding and they are top notch. I'll look and see if I can find a business card I used to have from them....
We're surrounded by idiots.

terryzone
Site Admin

Post by terryzone » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:21 pm

Ive looked through my address books that had lots of cards but didn't turn up the one I mentioned...If you do a search something should appear that will describe the place I mentioned...Ive seen their work in person and it is excellent. It was at a ntl trade show . I was impressed they were down to earth. Had a class looking display.Id try hard to find out what the place is if I were you.

terryzone
Site Admin

Post by terryzone » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:27 pm

FOUND IT "Advanced Cycle Machining " I did search in Wisconsin : Harley-Davidson weld repair and I recognized their logo.

kiki licker

Post by kiki licker » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:41 am

impressive, you still got it in ya, terry!
...Save a tree, and eat a beaver...

hogluvr

Post by hogluvr » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:59 pm

Terry,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to dig that info up, I will definitely be contacting them. Now that there are 2 less places to get these done I'm glad someone was able to steer me in the right direction.

terryzone
Site Admin

Post by terryzone » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:44 am

First of all thanks kiki licker for the compliment! Now and then a "plus" thrown to the way of an oldster like me feels good GAHILK! And hogluvr, hope my referral helps. Let me know how it works out.

chrisrr

Post by chrisrr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:35 pm

I'll throw out one too. Terry had Sandy take care of a bunch of parts orders for me over the last few years and I'm sure he'd have rather her mow lawn or change oil on the Dodge. Thanks Terry. :D

doubled

Post by doubled » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Yeah? Well, I'll throw a giant MINUS out there for the host of these here shenaningans! He's got a WHOLE BOX full of clowns packed for Davenport! A WHOLE BOX! Just think of them running through the swap meet, spraying people with water out of flowers on their lapels, honking horns, riding miniature bicycles, and the pies to the face! Don't even start with the pies! It's a week from tomorrow for the annual pilgrimage to mecca. I can't wait. Really, I can't wait! I want to pack now and leave tomorrow! I'm making my shopping list right now!

DD
DD

Kotter

Post by Kotter » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:09 am

doubled wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:22 am
Unfortunately, Creekside is no more. Tom Shaw passed away in October of 2015. He was the best in the world and one of my best friends in the world. I miss him every day.

DD
I'm sad to hear this. Always had great experiences with that place.